INS-1 Cells Undergoing Caspase-Dependent Apoptosis Enhance the Regenerative Capacity of Neighboring Cells
- Caroline Bonner1,
- Siobhán Bacon2,
- Caoimhín G. Concannon1,
- Syed R. Rizvi2,
- Mathurin Baquié3,
- Angela M. Farrelly2,
- Seán M. Kilbride1,
- Heiko Dussmann1,
- Manus W. Ward1,
- Chantal M. Boulanger4,
- Claes B. Wollheim3,
- Rolf Graf5,
- Maria M. Byrne2 and
- Jochen H.M. Prehn1
- 1Department of Physiology and Medical Physics, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland;
- 2Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland;
- 3Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland;
- 4Paris-Cardiovascular Research Centre; Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U970, Hopital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France;
- 5Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Corresponding author: Jochen H.M. Prehn, .
C.B. and S.B. contributed equally as first authors. M.M.B. and J.H.M.P. contributed equally as senior authors.