Downregulation of Adipose Glutathione S-Transferase A4 Leads to Increased Protein Carbonylation, Oxidative Stress, and Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Jessica M. Curtis1,
- Paul A. Grimsrud1,
- Wendy S. Wright1,
- Xin Xu2,
- Rocio E. Foncea1,
- David W. Graham1,
- Jonathan R. Brestoff1,
- Brian M. Wiczer1,
- Olga Ilkayeva3,
- Katherine Cianflone4,
- Deborah E. Muoio3,5,
- Edgar A. Arriaga2 and
- David A. Bernlohr1
- 1Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota;
- 2Department of Chemistry, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota;
- 3Sarah W. Stedman Nutrition and Metabolism Center, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina;
- 4McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada;
- 5Departments of Medicine and Pharmacology & Cancer Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina.
- Corresponding author: David A. Bernlohr, .
J.M.C., P.A.G., and W.S.W. contributed equally to this study.