Mitochondrial Substrate Availability and Its Role in Lipid-Induced Insulin Resistance and Proinflammatory Signaling in Skeletal Muscle
- Christopher Lipina1,
- Katherine Macrae1,
- Tamara Suhm2,
- Cora Weigert2,3,
- Agnieszka Blachnio-Zabielska4,
- Marcin Baranowski4,
- Jan Gorski4,
- Karl Burgess5 and
- Harinder S. Hundal1⇑
- 1Division of Cell Signalling and Immunology, Sir James Black Centre, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee, U.K.
- 2Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology, Pathobiochemistry and Clinical Chemistry, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany
- 3Institute for Diabetes Research and Metabolic Diseases of the Helmholtz Centre Munich at the University of Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany (Paul Langerhans Institute Tübingen), Member of the German Centre for Diabetes Research
- 4Department of Physiology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
- 5Glasgow Polyomics Metabolomics Facility, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, U.K.
- Corresponding author: Harinder S. Hundal, .