PDX1 in Ducts Is Not Required for Postnatal Formation of β-Cells but Is Necessary for Their Subsequent Maturation
- Lili Guo1,
- Akari Inada1,2,
- Cristina Aguayo-Mazzucato1,
- Jennifer Hollister-Lock1,
- Yoshio Fujitani3,
- Gordon C. Weir1,
- Christopher V.E. Wright3,
- Arun Sharma1 and
- Susan Bonner-Weir1⇑
- 1Section of Islet Cell and Regenerative Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2Diabetes and Genes, Advanced Medical Initiatives, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
- 3Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Corresponding author: Susan Bonner-Weir, .
L.G. and A.I. contributed equally to this work.