Liver-Specific Disruption of the Murine Glucagon Receptor Produces α-Cell Hyperplasia
- Christine Longuet1,
- Ana M. Robledo2,
- E. Danielle Dean2,
- Chunhua Dai2,
- Safina Ali1,
- Ian McGuinness2,
- Vincent de Chavez2,
- Patricia M. Vuguin3,
- Maureen J. Charron4,
- Alvin C. Powers2,5,6⇑ and
- Daniel J. Drucker1
- 1Department of Medicine, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- 2Division of Diabetes, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- 3Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Steven & Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York, Long Island, New York
- 4Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Departments of Biochemistry, Medicine, and Obstetrics & Gynecology, Bronx, New York
- 5Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- 6VA Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Corresponding author: Alvin C. Powers, , or Daniel J. Drucker, .
C.L., A.M.R., and E.D.D. contributed equally to this study.