Death and Dysfunction of Transplanted β-Cells: Lessons Learned From Type 2 Diabetes?
- Kathryn J. Potter1,2,
- Clara Y. Westwell-Roper1,2,
- Agnieszka M. Klimek-Abercrombie1,2,
- Garth L. Warnock3 and
- C. Bruce Verchere1,2,3⇑
- 1Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2Child & Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 3Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Corresponding author: C. Bruce Verchere, .
Jump to section
- The β-Cell in Type 2 Diabetes
- The β-Cell in Islet Transplantation
- Causes of β-Cell Dysfunction and Death in Transplanted Islets and Type 2 Diabetes
- Differences Between Type 2 Diabetes and Islet Transplants
- Are Prediabetic Islets Destined to Fail?
- Therapeutic Implications: Will Drugs Used in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Improve Islet Transplant Outcomes?
- Article Information
- Info & Metrics