BMI, RQ, Diabetes, and Sex Affect the Relationships Between Amino Acids and Clamp Measures of Insulin Action in Humans
- Anna E. Thalacker-Mercer1,2,3,4,
- Katherine H. Ingram2,5,
- Fangjian Guo2,
- Olga Ilkayeva6,
- Christopher B. Newgard6,7 and
- W. Timothy Garvey2,3⇑
- 1Department of Cell, Developmental and Integrative Biology, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- 2Nutrition Sciences, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
- 3Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Birmingham, AL
- 4Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- 5Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management, Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
- 6Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC
- 7Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC
- Corresponding author: W. Timothy Garvey, .
A.E.T.-M. and K.H.I. contributed equally to this work.